KShs 0.00

No products in the cart.

Detailed Information Regarding the New Higher Education Fund

Detailed Information Regarding the New Higher Education Fund

Information in-depth about the New Higher Education Fund. The New Higher Education Funding (NHEF) model, which includes loans and subsidies for students placed by KUCCPS, has been put into effect by the government.

President William Ruto signed an executive order on May 3, 2023, which resulted in the adoption of the NHEF idea.

The new plan will go into effect when colleges and other institutions admit 2022 KCSE candidates for the academic year 2023–2024.

The goal is to completely revamp the system for funding higher education by matching financial aid, government scholarships, and loans to students’ individual requirements and program expenses.

This creative funding approach’s main goal is to give students from low-income families equal access to technical and vocational education and training (TVET) and higher education.

Four factors will be taken into account when determining funding under the NHEF: the selected program, the household income range, affirmative performance, and government priority regions.

A Means Testing Instrument (MTI) with eight variables, including parental background, gender, course type, marginalization, disability, family size, and composition, has been developed to statistically analyze students’ needs.

These traits enable the state to precisely assess the requirements of various households and allocate resources accordingly.

For students from wealthy homes, scholarships outnumber loans, but for those from less wealthy families, loans outnumber scholarships.

According to their level of need, the NHEF divides students into four categories: vulnerable, severely needy, needy, and less needy. The government will offer all financial aid to students who belong to the most vulnerable and in needy categories through loans and scholarships.

For those who are impoverished or less in need, the government will cover 93% of the cost of tuition; the remaining 7% will be covered by the student.

Government loans and scholarships will pay up to 40% of the cost of tuition for students in need, leaving only 7% for family contributions.

Information in-depth Regarding the New Higher Education Fund

Similar to this, students enrolled in TVETs would be eligible for government loans up to 30% and scholarships up to 50%, with 20% of the cost coming from the household.

Students who meet the requirements for the funding must submit a formal application via the Higher Education Financing website (www.hef.co.ke) after being notified by KUCCPS.

Since they will still be eligible for financial help under the present government policy, continuing students won’t be impacted by this new financing model.

For fiscal year 2023–2024, the government increased funding for higher education to make the transition to the new system easier.

The average amount borrowed for students increased from Sh152,000 to Sh208,000. Funding for higher education was increased from Sh84.6 billion to Sh54 billion to achieve this.

In the same fiscal year, TVET financial support increased from Sh5.2 billion to Sh10 billion, or Sh67,000 per student per year.

MWALIMU PLUS ALL MENUS WITH FREE RESOURSES

ALL SECONDARY NOTES ALLSUBJECTS FREE DOWNLOAD

ALL FORM 1-4 SECONDARY EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD

ALL KCSE MOCKS EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD NOW

ALL K.C.S.E PAST PAPERS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

ALL PRIMARY RESOURSES FREE DOWNLOAD HERE

ALL FREE DOWNLOAD MATERIALS AVAILABLE FREE

ALL TOPICAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ALL SUBJECTS

ALL TSC VACANCIES AND DAILY TEACHERS BOM JOBS

ALL UPDATED NEWS TEACHERS NEWS DAILY

ALL SECONDARY SCHEMES OF WORK FREE DOWNLOAD

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM FOR MORE RESOURCES

Share this article

Our bestsellers

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

No posts to display

Recent blog posts