KShs 0.00

No products in the cart.

Kenyan government starts implementing TVET reforms

Kenyan government starts implementing TVET reforms

The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Curriculum Development, Assessment and Certification Council (TVET-CDACC) would be revitalized to concentrate particularly on the TVET curriculum, according to Cabinet Secretary for Education Ezekiel Machogu.

The TVET-CDACC will soon be re-established and re-constituted, according to CS Machogu, who made the announcement during a meeting with TVET leaders on February 15, 2023 at the Kenya School of TVET (KSTVET), formerly known as Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC). He also said that the recent decision to dissolve the council was ill-advised.

According to Machogu, the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) is intended to precisely manage curriculum in basic learning institutions whereas the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) has a lot of work to do.

The process of permitting the designated organization (CDACC) to create the curricula for our universities is already underway, according to Machogu.

During the meeting that included the principals of National Polytechnics, Institutes of Technology, Technical Training Institutes (TTIs), and Technical and Vocational and Technical Training, TVET Principal Secretary Dr. Esther Muoria echoed this sentiment.

According to the TVET Act of 2003, the Council’s duties include performing design projects, creating TVET curricula, and establishing examination standards.

Additionally, CDACC is required to grant certificates, advance the recognition of its credentials in other systems, and look into issues of examination indiscipline.

The TVET Authority Director-General, TVET PS, the CS Chairman, and six other members make up the Council.

Because there is a severe lack of trained labor in the country’s economy, CS Machogu urged TVET principals and managers to make sure that students prioritize enrolling in technical courses over business courses.

He also urged them to include entrepreneurship in technical education so that students can be given the tools they need to create and find opportunities that are relevant to their skills.

The government will start TVET curriculum modifications after reinstalling the TVET CDACC, according to Dr. Muoria, so that students receive 70% of their training in the industry and the remaining 30% in business-related courses.

In the most recent TVET Authority (TVETA) Quality Audit Report for Public and Private TVET Institutions for the 2021/2022 Financial Year, CS Machogu also urged the National Polytechnics to enhance Innovation, Research, and Linkages, where they had an average score of 72%. (FY).

MWALIMU PLUS ALL MENUS WITH FREE RESOURSES

ALL SECONDARY NOTES ALLSUBJECTS FREE DOWNLOAD

ALL FORM 1-4 SECONDARY EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD

ALL KCSE MOCKS EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD NOW

ALL K.C.S.E PAST PAPERS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

ALL PRIMARY RESOURSES FREE DOWNLOAD HERE

ALL FREE DOWNLOAD MATERIALS AVAILABLE FREE

ALL TOPICAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ALL SUBJECTS

ALL TSC VACANCIES AND DAILY TEACHERS BOM JOBS

ALL UPDATED NEWS TEACHERS NEWS DAILY

ALL SECONDARY SCHEMES OF WORK FREE DOWNLOAD

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM FOR MORE RESOURCES

Share this article

Our bestsellers

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

No posts to display

Recent blog posts